List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:greg@noiseunit.com Date:December 17 2010 5:16pm
Subject:max allowed packets on Mac
View as plain text
Hi,

I found this page on the wiki regarding max allowed packets.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/packet-too-large.html

However, on my Mac OSX when I try to run the following from terminal window
I get "Permission Denied"

shell> mysqld --max_allowed_packet=16M

And if I try to run as sudo but I again get "Permission Denied" even though
I am logged in as Admin on my machine.

So I tried to chmod 777 on mysqld but again received an error:

"chmod: Unable to change file mode on mysqld: Operation not permitted"

Any help on how I can rectify this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Thread
max allowed packets on Macgreg@noiseunit.com17 Dec
  • Re: max allowed packets on MacMichael Dykman17 Dec
    • Re: max allowed packets on Mac杨涛涛21 Dec
Re: max allowed packets on MacSharl21 Dec