List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:João Cândido de Souza Neto Date:December 17 2010 11:11am
Subject:Re: Access to MySQL
View as plain text
What about this?

date_format(now(), "%Y/%m/%d")

""Jerry Schwartz"" <jerry@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
I have to move the back-end of an Access application to MySQL, and I've run
into one issue that I haven't been able to solve yet.

The Access database stores dates as text in a "yyyy/mm/dd" format. The
problem is that the default value is a formula that generates the current
date, formatted as text. In Access, it looks like

This construct is used throughout the table definitions.

Is there any alternative to setting the default to something else (NULL, for
example) and moving the "default" into the application code? That would be a
significant PITA.

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.

Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

E-mail:  <mailto:jerry@stripped> jerry@stripped

Web site:  <>

Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz16 Dec
  • Re: Access to MySQLJesper Wisborg Krogh17 Dec
    • RE: Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz17 Dec
  • Re: Access to MySQLjoao17 Dec
    • RE: Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz17 Dec
      • Re: Access to MySQLMySQL)17 Dec
        • RE: Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz17 Dec