List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:December 16 2010 10:02pm
Subject:Access to MySQL
View as plain text
I have to move the back-end of an Access application to MySQL, and I’ve run into one
issue that I haven’t been able to solve yet.

The Access database stores dates as text in a “yyyy/mm/dd” format. The problem
is that the default value is a formula that generates the current date, formatted as text.
In Access, it looks like

'=Format$(Now(),\"yyyy/mm/dd\")'

This construct is used throughout the table definitions.

Is there any alternative to setting the default to something else (NULL, for example) and
moving the “default” into the application code? That would be a significant
PITA.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.

Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

E-mail:  <mailto:jerry@stripped> jerry@stripped

Web site:  <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz16 Dec
  • Re: Access to MySQLJesper Wisborg Krogh17 Dec
    • RE: Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz17 Dec
  • Re: Access to MySQLjoao17 Dec
    • RE: Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz17 Dec
      • Re: Access to MySQLMySQL)17 Dec
        • RE: Access to MySQLJerry Schwartz17 Dec