List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Thorburn Date:December 16 2010 8:53am
Subject:Re: Unable to add users with MySQL 5.5.8 under Windows
View as plain text
On 12/16/2010 3:42 AM, Tim Thorburn wrote:
> I should mention this is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  After rebooting I
> installed MySQL 5.5.8 for Win64 using the downloaded MSI file.  Once
> MySQL was installed, I downloaded and installed the current version of
> Workbench (5.2.31a).  When I run Workbench, I see that the MySQL
> server is indeed running - I'll also mention that this is my first
> time using Workbench, until now I had been using the older MySQL
> Administrator GUI, however it stopped working with 5.5.8.  So, back in
> Workbench, I goto Manage Security under the Server Administration
> heading, choosing the default Local instance: MySQL server to connect
> to.  Next I click Accounts and finally Add Account at the bottom of
> this screen.  Under Details for Account newuser@% I add in the user
> name I want, type the password twice, I've tried leaving Limit
> Connectivity to Hosts Matching as % and localhost.
>
> Once I'm finished adding the user, I click Apply - however I'm
> presented with the following error message:
>
> /Unhandled exception: Error adding account accountName@%:/
>
> I've tried adding a user in MySQL Administrator, as I am more familiar
> with it.  It provides a different error:
>
> /Error while storing the user information.  The user might have been
> deleted.  Please refersh the user list./
>
> A command prompt pop-up appears with this error stating the following:
>
> /** Message: save user: error adding new user entry

To add, I was able to successfully add a user to MySQL 5.5.8 with
phpMyAdmin - would this point to a bug in the GUI tools?

Thanks again

Thread
Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionYangontha Maung16 Dec
  • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionYangontha Maung16 Dec
    • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionAlejandro Bednarik16 Dec
      • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionNoel Butler19 Dec
        • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionJoerg Bruehe20 Dec
          • Re: Autostart not working for me in 5.5.8 versionNoel Butler21 Dec
  • Unable to add users with MySQL 5.5.8 under WindowsTim Thorburn16 Dec
    • Re: Unable to add users with MySQL 5.5.8 under WindowsTim Thorburn16 Dec
      • Re: Unable to add users with MySQL 5.5.8 under WindowsMySQL)16 Dec