List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gediminas Girgzdys Date:April 22 1999 11:35am
Subject:File table overflow
View as plain text
Hi,

I have one database, one table which is accessed from www via php.
mysql options are: table_cache=100 max_connections=40
Time to time i get error  "Error in accept: File table overflow". After that i can't
connect to mysqld (timeout), that is "mysqladmin status" does not work.
After that I kill mysqld with "kill `cat /path/servername.pid`"
and start again. But mysqld does not accept connections (without timeout).
It starts working only after 5-10 kill/starts, or maybe some timeout.

What does that error message mean? How can I avoid that? Why mysqld
does not accept connections after restart?

Gediminas Girgzdys
E-mail: g.girgzdys@stripped
Phone: +370-2-221712
Fax: +370-2-220627
Thread
File table overflowGediminas Girgzdys22 Apr
  • File table overflowMichael Widenius22 Apr