List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:December 15 2010 1:10am
Subject:Re: Bulk Insertion Performance
View as plain text
On Dec 14, 2010, at 6:51 PM, Feris Thia wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a data warehouse infrastructure with following configuration :
> - MySQL 5.0 MyISAM + InndoDB enabled (XAMPP Distribution)
> - Windows 2003 64 bit data center edition
> - Java Runtime 6 - 32 bit version
>
> And have ETL running data warehouse process. Reading is impressive, 12,000
> rows per second. But writing with only 10 columns (integer and varchar
> combinations) takes 3,000 rows / second.
>
> Is there a way to configure writing to have a better performance ?

Feris,

*How* are you writing, via batch statements with rewriting, or directly, or via LOAD DATA
INFILE? It seems you're off by about a factor of 10-20x from what I've seen
performance-wise for writes.

	-Mark
--
Mark Matthews
Principal Software Developer -  MySQL Enterprise Tools

Thread
Bulk Insertion PerformanceFeris Thia15 Dec
  • Re: Bulk Insertion PerformanceMark Matthews15 Dec
    • Re: Bulk Insertion PerformanceFeris Thia15 Dec
      • Re: Bulk Insertion PerformanceMark Matthews15 Dec
        • Re: Bulk Insertion PerformanceFeris Thia16 Dec
          • Re: Bulk Insertion PerformanceJohan De Meersman16 Dec
            • Re: Bulk Insertion PerformanceFeris Thia19 Dec