List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:December 14 2010 1:13pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Parallel Inserts
View as plain text
Hi Andy,

I agree, prefer LOAD DATA INFILE... command for bulk loading. It is 30%
faster than normal inserts.

Krishna

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Andy <listanand@stripped> wrote:

> Greetings everyone.
>
> I am in a situation where I need to do parallel inserts into MySQL database
> from inside my Perl program. Basically, I have several million records to
> insert into the database, and hence I would rather do them in parallel than
> doing them one at a time. I looked around but did not find any information
> on doing this. Does MySQL not support parallel reads/writes?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andy

Thread
MySQL Parallel InsertsAndy14 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Parallel InsertsMySQL)14 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Parallel InsertsKrishna Chandra Prajapati14 Dec
    • Re: MySQL Parallel InsertsAndy16 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Parallel Inserts杨涛涛21 Dec