List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:December 9 2010 2:35pm
Subject:Re: Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fields
View as plain text
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM, gvim <gvimrc@stripped> wrote:

> I have a typical contact database which caters for multiple email addresses
> with a distinct Email table keyed to a foreign key inside the Contact table,
> ie. a 1-to-many relationship. However, I want to prioritise these Email
> entries for a given Contact entry so all I can think of is to add a numeric
> Priority field alongside the Address field inside the Email table. Is this
> the best/standard solution or is there another way?

That would be it, I guess, yeah :)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsgvim9 Dec
  • Re: Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsJohan De Meersman9 Dec
  • RE: Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsJerry Schwartz9 Dec
Re: Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsJan Steinman12 Dec