List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gvim Date:December 9 2010 2:33pm
Subject:Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fields
View as plain text
I have a typical contact database which caters for multiple email addresses with a
distinct Email table keyed to a foreign key inside the Contact table, ie. a 1-to-many
relationship. However, I want to prioritise these Email entries for a given Contact entry
so all I can think of is to add a numeric Priority field alongside the Address field
inside the Email table. Is this the best/standard solution or is there another way?

gvim
Thread
Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsgvim9 Dec
  • Re: Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsJohan De Meersman9 Dec
  • RE: Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsJerry Schwartz9 Dec
Re: Design: how to prioritise 1-to-many fieldsJan Steinman12 Dec