List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:December 9 2010 7:24am
Subject:RE: Bind-address use?
View as plain text
> " intermittent connection problems (error 2013)"
>
> Look at SHOW PROCESSLIST; when you're having a connection problem.   If you see lots
> of "unathenticated user" in the list, then it means you're having DNS problems.
>
> Typically the best way to handle this is to set skip-name-resolve, and using ip
> addresses instead of hostnames in your mysql users for authentication.

Or fix your DNS, if it's under your control.

If you have a named(8) running on your LAN, you should not have DNS timeouts. It doesn't
have to be authoritative -- set up a caching server on the same machine that runs mysql
and talk to it via localhost.

Take it from someone who just had to change all my static IPs -- keep IPs out of your
database connection code! ("Oh, THAT won't happen to me!" And then, it does...)-:

----------------
Some of the current attempts at energy accounting, like the triple bottom line, are an
absolute a joke. They're an insult to children even in terms of their intellectual
content, because they try and compare vague abstractions of social and environmental
values — just dot pointed — against a completely econometric financial
accounting system of an organization which is actually doing the work. -- David Holmgren

Bind-address use?Machiel Richards7 Dec
  • Re: Bind-address use?Claudio Nanni7 Dec
    • Re: Bind-address use?Machiel Richards7 Dec
      • Re: Bind-address use?Claudio Nanni7 Dec
        • RE: Bind-address use?Gavin Towey7 Dec
RE: Bind-address use?Jan Steinman9 Dec