List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards Date:December 7 2010 8:15am
Subject:Bind-address use?
View as plain text
Hi All

        I am unable to find an answer on what the bind-address in
mysql-5.1 actually does.

        From the config file it says that it provides the same function
as the previous skip-networking function.

        However, let's say I configure the bind-adress value to the IP
of the machine, will this cause any issues with applications connecting
to the database from various other machines?

            My reason for looking into this is because currently we are
experiencing intermittend connection problems (error 2013) but I have
not been able to pinpoint the issue and was wondering if this is not
perhaps the issue.

       Thank you in advance for all responses

Regards
Machiel

Thread
Bind-address use?Machiel Richards7 Dec
  • Re: Bind-address use?Claudio Nanni7 Dec
    • Re: Bind-address use?Machiel Richards7 Dec
      • Re: Bind-address use?Claudio Nanni7 Dec
        • RE: Bind-address use?Gavin Towey7 Dec
RE: Bind-address use?Jan Steinman9 Dec