List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raj Shekhar Date:December 7 2010 12:12am
Subject:Re: Loading date takes a long time after replication
View as plain text
In infinite wisdom Sairam Krishnamurthy <kmsram420@stripped> wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
> All,
>
> I have a situation. We have a very large database(gigabytes). When we
> load the data in to the table, it will be huge again (20 million rows).
> So in order to get good backup we set up a replication(master-slave
> setup). But now, because of this setup, loading into the table takes
> hours which will be generally done in a few minutes otherwise.

What part of the system is busy the most when you load the data - is it
the CPU or the disk or the network?  Replication should not slow down
the speed of the insert, this might just be a red herring and the
problem might be somewhere else.

--
Raj Shekhar
-

  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationJohan De Meersman6 Dec
    • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
        • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy4 Jan
  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationRaj Shekhar7 Dec