List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sairam Krishnamurthy Date:December 6 2010 4:35pm
Subject:Re: Loading date takes a long time after replication
View as plain text
Thanks Guys. Let me check these options and will get back with the
results. Thanks again.

Thanks,
Sairam Krishnamurthy
+1 612 859 8161

On 12/06/2010 04:47 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
> Also, make sure your /tmp folder is on a separate and fast disk.
> We had similar issues and we moved /tmp folder from Local to SAN
> storage and it was quite fast.
>
> regards
> anandkl
>
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped
> <mailto:vegivamp@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     Are you saying that mass inserts go much slower now that you've set up
>     replication? In that case, I suspect you have your binlogs on the
>     same disk
>     as your data.
>
>     Put the binary logs on separate disks, and you'll notice a
>     dramatic increase
>     in performance.
>

>     On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Sairam Krishnamurthy
>     <kmsram420@stripped <mailto:kmsram420@stripped>>wrote:
>
>     > All,
>     >
>     > I have a situation. We have a very large database(gigabytes).
>     When we load
>     > the data in to the table, it will be huge again (20 million
>     rows). So in
>     > order to get good backup we set up a replication(master-slave
>     setup). But
>     > now, because of this setup, loading into the table takes hours
>     which will be
>     > generally done in a few minutes otherwise.
>     >
>     > Is there a workaround for this? We really don't want to wait for
>     hours for
>     > the table to be loaded. Should we abandon replication for this?
>     Any pointers
>     > ?
>     >
>     > --
>     > Thanks,
>     > Sairam Krishnamurthy
>     > +1 612 859 8161
>     >
>     >

>     --
>     Bier met grenadyn
>     Is als mosterd by den wyn
>     Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>     Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationJohan De Meersman6 Dec
    • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
        • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy4 Jan
  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationRaj Shekhar7 Dec