List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sairam Krishnamurthy Date:December 6 2010 6:17am
Subject:Loading date takes a long time after replication
View as plain text
All,

I have a situation. We have a very large database(gigabytes). When we
load the data in to the table, it will be huge again (20 million rows).
So in order to get good backup we set up a replication(master-slave
setup). But now, because of this setup, loading into the table takes
hours which will be generally done in a few minutes otherwise.

Is there a workaround for this? We really don't want to wait for hours
for the table to be loaded. Should we abandon replication for this? Any
pointers ?

--
Thanks,
Sairam Krishnamurthy

  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationJohan De Meersman6 Dec
    • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy6 Dec
      • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
        • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationAnanda Kumar3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy3 Jan
          • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationSairam Krishnamurthy4 Jan
  • Re: Loading date takes a long time after replicationRaj Shekhar7 Dec