List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Basil Daoust Date:December 3 2010 10:11pm
Subject:MySql - crashes daily
View as plain text
Any help greatly appreciated.

Our mysql is restarting a LOT!
Here is what is in the log, it doesn't seem to give much help.

--start of log--
InnoDB: Warning: a long semaphore wait:
101203 15:12:40 - mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=1073741824
read_buffer_size=16773120
max_used_connections=601
max_connections=600
threads_connected=27
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 20706971 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

thd=(nil)
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
frame pointer is NULL, did you compile with
-fomit-frame-pointer? Aborting backtrace!
The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
--end of log--

So before you ask if we have 20G of memory we are running this on amazons :
High-Memory Quadruple Extra Large Instance 68.4 GB of memory, 26 EC2 Compute Units (8
virtual cores with 3.25 EC2 Compute Units each), 1690 GB of local instance storage,
64-bit platform

We are using Fedora Core 8, with MySQL 5.0.45.
these mysql packages are installed.
mysql.x86_64                                                                 5.0.45-6.fc8
                                                         installed
mysql-libs.x86_64                                                            5.0.45-6.fc8
                                                         installed
mysql-server.x86_64                                                          5.0.45-6.fc8
                                                         installed

It seems odd to me that we get a InnoDB error when this server doesn't have a single
InnoDB table.
I also did notice the max_used_connections but from the last 20 or so restarts only 2 hit
601, others where as low as approx 150.

I'm hopeful that someone has a idea or two.
Basil

Thread
mysql transaction logAngelina Paul4 May
  • Re: mysql transaction logNitin Mehta4 May
  • MySql - crashes dailyBasil Daoust3 Dec
    • Re: MySql - crashes dailyWm Mussatto4 Dec
    • Re: MySql - crashes dailyRaj Shekhar7 Dec
      • Re: MySql - crashes daily杨涛涛22 Dec