List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:December 2 2010 9:19am
Subject:Re: Sending an output of a query to file in debian lenny
View as plain text
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM, bars0 bars0 <bars0.bars0.bars0@stripped>wrote:

> I try o send an output of a query in debian lenny, using: SELECT....INTO
> OUTFILE '/my_path/my_file' FROM...but I get an error: ERROR 1 (HY000):
> Can't
> create/write to file... (Errcode 13).
> What's the problem?

The file is not written as your user, but as the user mysqld runs as. That
user (usually "mysql") need to have the necessary permissions on the
directory/file you write to.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Sending an output of a query to file in debian lennybars0 bars02 Dec
  • Re: Sending an output of a query to file in debian lennyJohan De Meersman2 Dec
  • Re: Sending an output of a query to file in debian lennySimcha Younger2 Dec
    • Re: Sending an output of a query to file in debian lennybars0 bars02 Dec
      • Re: Sending an output of a query to file in debian lennyJohan De Meersman2 Dec