List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards Date:November 30 2010 10:38am
Subject:Re: MySQL upgrade from 5.0.51a to 5.1.53
View as plain text
Hi

   Thank you for the response, after reading a bit more about this, I
suspect you are right.

    From what I can gather I need to do the following in order to use
this installation method:

        -   create a full backup of the old database and put in a safe
place.
        -   create a backup of the my.cnf file in a seperate directory
(in order to have access to the configuration to replicate details to
new database config).
        - use package-manager (apt-get in this case) to remove current
version of MySQL that is running as well as all config files
and /etc/mysql dir
        - setup new mysql version using the tar file
        - start the new server and restore the backup.
        - run mysql_upgrade in order to ensure all tables are well as
well as privilege tables.

        Does this seem right to you guys?

Machiel