List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:November 29 2010 7:03pm
Subject:Re: Verifying security
View as plain text
without flags to tell it otherwise, nmap only scan ports 1-1024,
higher numbered ports would have to be specified via nmap -p 1-5000
but see how much longer it takes.

 - michael dykman

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Grant <emailgrant@stripped> wrote:
> I've got a couple security questions for you guys.
>
> Is there a way to verify I've set a password for mysql's root?
>
> I was previously running mysqld without --skip-networking until I
> noticed port: 3306 was referenced in mysqld.err.  The strange thing is
> 'nmap localhost' never found an open 3306 port and I wasn't running a
> firewall on that system.  Does this behavior make sense to anyone?
>
> - Grant

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Verifying securityGrant29 Nov
  • RE: Verifying securityRolando Edwards29 Nov
    • Re: Verifying securityGrant3 Dec
  • Re: Verifying securityMichael Dykman29 Nov
    • Re: Verifying securityGrant3 Dec