List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Date:November 29 2010 2:02pm
Subject:Verifying security
View as plain text
I've got a couple security questions for you guys.

Is there a way to verify I've set a password for mysql's root?

I was previously running mysqld without --skip-networking until I
noticed port: 3306 was referenced in mysqld.err.  The strange thing is
'nmap localhost' never found an open 3306 port and I wasn't running a
firewall on that system.  Does this behavior make sense to anyone?

- Grant
Thread
Verifying securityGrant29 Nov
  • RE: Verifying securityRolando Edwards29 Nov
    • Re: Verifying securityGrant3 Dec
  • Re: Verifying securityMichael Dykman29 Nov
    • Re: Verifying securityGrant3 Dec