List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 29 2010 1:57pm
Subject:Re: Mysql server full with idle connections
View as plain text
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Peter Wang <wangxf01@stripped> wrote:

> We had have a similar problem caused by broken network-card, use
> `/sbin/ifconfig | grep errors' to check errors/dropped counter.  for
> example, broken network-card may cause many connections, since normal
> tcp connect open/close can't be completed.

Ahh, an interesting suggestion. However, 4017 dropped RX packets over an
uptime of 1088 days isn't a lot :-) I guess that kind of behaviour would
also have shown up in Nagios and Munin; nor would  killing and restarting
mysqld be likely to have fixed the issue.

Still, I'd never have thought of that - thanks.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman24 Nov
  • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohn Daisley24 Nov
    • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman24 Nov
      • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsPrabhat Kumar26 Nov
        • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman29 Nov
  • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsPeter Wang29 Nov
    • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman29 Nov