List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:November 28 2010 10:14pm
Subject:Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"
View as plain text
Den 28-11-2010 21:02, Grant skrev:
> I'm trying to run mysql_upgrade but I get:
>
> # mysql_upgrade
> Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
> Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
> Running 'mysqlcheck' with connection arguments: '--port=3306'
> '--socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'
> mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> (using password: NO) when trying to connect
> FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed
>
> I've also tried specifying my root password with --password and also
> specifying -u mysql but it still fails with error 1045.  My
> /etc/passwd file looks like there is no password for user mysql.  What
> else should I try?

You should use the password for the _MySQL_ root user, which is _not_
stored in /etc/passwd, but within MySQL.

/ Carsten
Thread
mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant28 Nov
  • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Peter Brawley28 Nov
    • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant28 Nov
      • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Peter Brawley28 Nov
        • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant28 Nov
  • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Carsten Pedersen28 Nov
    • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant29 Nov