List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Date:November 28 2010 8:49pm
Subject:Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"
View as plain text
>> I'm running mysql-5.1.51 which is the latest marked stable in Gentoo.
>> Does this still apply?
>
> No, just 5.5.7.

What else should I try to prevent the 1045 error?

- Grant

>  What
>>>
>>> Is this 5.5.7? You have to run the server with --skip-grant-tables, then
>>> run
>>> mysql_upgrade.
>>
>> I'm running mysql-5.1.51 which is the latest marked stable in Gentoo.
>> Does this still apply?  I always use Gentoo's mysql initscript so I'm
>> trying to find the correct command to start mysqld wtih
>> --skip-grant-tables.
>>
>> - Grant
Thread
mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant28 Nov
  • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Peter Brawley28 Nov
    • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant28 Nov
      • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Peter Brawley28 Nov
        • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant28 Nov
  • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Carsten Pedersen28 Nov
    • Re: mysql_upgrade fails with "Access denied"Grant29 Nov