List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 24 2010 1:54pm
Subject:Re: Another replication question
View as plain text
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM, John Daisley <daisleyjohn@stripped>wrote:

> Are you sure mmm couldn't handle this?

That, I don't know, but MySQL's internal replication mechanisms definitely
don't support multimaster slaves. If mmm does it, it'll likely be akin to
the offline log shipping I proposed earlier.

> Maybe you could `simulate` the whole thing using some federated tables on
> one of the slave instances? Then although you are replicating to 3
> instances
> you could access all the data from a single instance?

Purely with federated tables, you're not actually replicating. You'd have
the data visible on the "slave", but it would be useless for
failover/backup; and it would be less than optimal for querying since you'll
be pulling all the data off the primaries on every select anyway.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Another replication questionMachiel Richards24 Nov
  • Re: Another replication questionJohan De Meersman24 Nov
    • Re: Another replication questionJohn Daisley24 Nov
      • Re: Another replication questionJohan De Meersman24 Nov
  • RE: Another replication questionRolando Edwards24 Nov
    • RE: Another replication questionGavin Towey24 Nov
    • Re: Another replication question杨涛涛23 Dec
      • Re: Another replication questionJorg W Young23 Dec
        • Re: Another replication questionJohan De Meersman23 Dec
          • Re: Another replication question杨涛涛29 Dec
            • Re: Another replication questionSharl.Jimh.Tsin29 Dec