List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 24 2010 1:54pm
Subject:Re: Another replication question
View as plain text
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM, John Daisley <daisleyjohn@stripped>wrote:

> Are you sure mmm couldn't handle this?

That, I don't know, but MySQL's internal replication mechanisms definitely
don't support multimaster slaves. If mmm does it, it'll likely be akin to
the offline log shipping I proposed earlier.

> Maybe you could `simulate` the whole thing using some federated tables on
> one of the slave instances? Then although you are replicating to 3
> instances
> you could access all the data from a single instance?

Purely with federated tables, you're not actually replicating. You'd have
the data visible on the "slave", but it would be useless for
failover/backup; and it would be less than optimal for querying since you'll
be pulling all the data off the primaries on every select anyway.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Another replication questionMachiel Richards24 Nov
  • Re: Another replication questionJohan De Meersman24 Nov
    • Re: Another replication questionJohn Daisley24 Nov
      • Re: Another replication questionJohan De Meersman24 Nov
  • RE: Another replication questionRolando Edwards24 Nov
    • RE: Another replication questionGavin Towey24 Nov
    • Re: Another replication question杨涛涛23 Dec
      • Re: Another replication questionJorg W Young23 Dec
        • Re: Another replication questionJohan De Meersman23 Dec
          • Re: Another replication question杨涛涛29 Dec
            • Re: Another replication questionSharl.Jimh.Tsin29 Dec