List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 24 2010 1:11pm
Subject:Re: Mysql server full with idle connections
View as plain text
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Nigel Wood <nwood@stripped> wrote:

> Quick thought: what is your idle timeout set to on the MySQL server?
> Could you have configured it to reap these idle connections?

I could, probably, but the applications are generally well-behaved, and it's
not a recurring problem. I hope. I'm more interested in the cause, atm.

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM, John Daisley <daisleyjohn@stripped>wrote:

> Seen this a lot with poorly written web apps which open connections but
> dont
> close them when finished. Try setting wait_timeout and/or
> interactive_timeout to close unused connections.

Well, yes, but as far as we're aware nothing new has been deployed - this
setup is several years old. I suppose it's possible that one of those kind
of bugs is hiding somewhere in a forgotten corner of code, but given that
we're running Drupal and Wordpress, I'd be surprised at something like that
remaining unnoticed for so long.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman24 Nov
  • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohn Daisley24 Nov
    • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman24 Nov
      • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsPrabhat Kumar26 Nov
        • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman29 Nov
  • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsPeter Wang29 Nov
    • Re: Mysql server full with idle connectionsJohan De Meersman29 Nov