List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:November 23 2010 6:55pm
Subject:RE: localhost vs domain for connection string
View as plain text

[JS] IF it is enabled in my.cnf.

>So, yes, that would make the connection not show up in netstat :-)
>
>On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Brent Clark
><brentgclarklist@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Hiya
>>
>> Is there a difference if someone had to make the connection string the a
>> domain (hosts file entry makes the machine look at its ip) as opposed to
>> just using localhost.
>> If so would a performance hit be incurred?
>>
>> I have this client that has used the domain and in netstat im  seeing all
>> this
>>
>> tcp        0      0 own.ex.ip:50340      own.ex.ip:3306       ESTABLISHED
>> 30324/apache2
>> tcp        0      0 own.ex.ip:50287      own.ex.ip:3306       ESTABLISHED
>> 30309/apache2
>> tcp        0      0 own.ex.ip:3306       own.ex.ip:50287      ESTABLISHED
>> 29234/mysqld
>> tcp        0      0 own.ex.ip:50357      own.ex.ip:3306       ESTABLISHED
>> 31714/apache2
>> tcp        0      0 own.ex.ip:3306       own.ex.ip:50335      ESTABLISHED
>> 29234/mysqld
>>
>> But I have another client that is using localhost and netstat is quiet as a
>> mouse.
>>
>> This actually never dawned on me. Hence the reason im asking
>> But the real reason is that the first clients machine is under heavy load
>> and we are trying to see what can be improved.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Brent Clark
>>
>> --
>>

>--
>Bier met grenadyn
>Is als mosterd by den wyn
>Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
localhost vs domain for connection stringBrent Clark23 Nov
  • Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJohan De Meersman23 Nov
    • RE: localhost vs domain for connection stringJerry Schwartz23 Nov
      • Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJohan De Meersman24 Nov
        • RE: localhost vs domain for connection stringJerry Schwartz24 Nov
          • Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJohan De Meersman25 Nov
            • RE: localhost vs domain for connection stringJerry Schwartz29 Nov
Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJan Steinman23 Nov