List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:November 23 2010 5:33pm
Subject:Re: localhost vs domain for connection string
View as plain text
> From: Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@stripped>
>
> Is there a difference if someone had to make the connection string the a domain
> (hosts file entry makes the machine look at its ip) as opposed to just using localhost.
> If so would a performance hit be incurred?

Using 'localhost' will always be faster, although perhaps imperceptibly so.

----------------
I look into the future because that’s where I am going to spend the rest of my life.
-- George Burns

localhost vs domain for connection stringBrent Clark23 Nov
  • Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJohan De Meersman23 Nov
    • RE: localhost vs domain for connection stringJerry Schwartz23 Nov
      • Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJohan De Meersman24 Nov
        • RE: localhost vs domain for connection stringJerry Schwartz24 Nov
          • Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJohan De Meersman25 Nov
            • RE: localhost vs domain for connection stringJerry Schwartz29 Nov
Re: localhost vs domain for connection stringJan Steinman23 Nov