List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 22 2010 2:19pm
Subject:Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.
View as plain text
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Machiel Richards <
machiel.richards@stripped> wrote:

>        In this event I will need to manually alter each table, and I am
> concerned about the impact of this on the system performance.

That will indeed make for quite some locking time, depending on the size of
your tables. It's going to be hard to get around that, unfortunately.

What you could do, is create temporary tables, populate them with using
"insert into...select" and then "alter table rename" them into place. One
hell of a job if you have many tables, though, and even then you may feel
some impact on performance.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Changing database tables to different storage engine.Machiel Richards22 Nov
  • Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.Machiel Richards22 Nov
    • Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.John Daisley22 Nov
      • Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.Machiel Richards22 Nov
        • Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.Johan De Meersman22 Nov
        • Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.Tyler Poland22 Nov
          • Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.Johan De Meersman22 Nov
            • Re: Changing database tables to different storage engine.Kyong Kim22 Nov