List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:a.smith Date:November 22 2010 2:10pm
Subject:Re: MySQL replication server
View as plain text
Hi,

   so yes you can do that, but then I guess you cannot set the server
hosting database A as readonly (from memory this can only be set
server wide, but worht checking it out). Which might leave you a few
options to ensure data integrity, for example simply by user security
either by disabling access to relevant users or via setting grants
appropriately. Or you could look at a second MySQL instance on the
database A server either listening on another port or in a virtual
server/zone/jail,

Andy.

Quoting Machiel Richards <machielr@stripped>:

> My reason for asking this is the following....
>

> The client have database A on one machine, Database B on a second
> machine both of which are production.
>
> They want to setup replication of Database B to Server hosting Database
> A and still keep Server A as the primary production system.

Thread
MySQL replication serverMachiel Richards22 Nov
  • Re: MySQL replication serverJohn Daisley22 Nov
    • Re: MySQL replication servera.smith22 Nov
      • Re: MySQL replication serverMachiel Richards22 Nov
        • Re: MySQL replication servera.smith22 Nov
      • Re: MySQL replication serverJohn Daisley22 Nov
        • Re: MySQL replication serverTyler Poland22 Nov
        • Re: MySQL replication serverJohan De Meersman22 Nov