List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tyler Poland Date:November 22 2010 2:05pm
Subject:Re: MySQL replication server
View as plain text
Additionally, if a user has the SUPER privilege (eg. all privileges on
*.*) they can write to a database running in read-only mode.  Yet
another reason to never allow this privilege for general purpose users.

Tyler

On 11/22/10 8:08 AM, John Daisley wrote:
> The replicated database should not be accepting writes, if it is then you
> haven't set it up correctly
>
> On 22 November 2010 13:03,<a.smith@stripped>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I think you are wrong, slaves will always accept writes unless you set
>> readonly in the mysql config.
>> Due to this, and if you dont specifically set readonly on the slave you
>> have to be very careful in order to maintain data integrity on the slave and
>> also not to break repliacton. Tools like Maatkit are designed to check data
>> integrity on the slave due to exactly this issue,
>>
>> thanks Andy.
>>

>> Quoting John Daisley<daisleyjohn@stripped>:
>>
>> You are correct, in a master slave setup the slave does not accept writes.
>>> John
>>>
>>> On 22 November 2010 11:06, Machiel Richards<machielr@stripped>
> wrote:

Thread
MySQL replication serverMachiel Richards22 Nov
  • Re: MySQL replication serverJohn Daisley22 Nov
    • Re: MySQL replication servera.smith22 Nov
      • Re: MySQL replication serverMachiel Richards22 Nov
        • Re: MySQL replication servera.smith22 Nov
      • Re: MySQL replication serverJohn Daisley22 Nov
        • Re: MySQL replication serverTyler Poland22 Nov
        • Re: MySQL replication serverJohan De Meersman22 Nov