List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards Date:November 22 2010 11:57am
Subject:Upgrading of mysql database
View as plain text
Hi All

        Sorry for all my posts today but this one client is keeping me
busy.

        the version of MySQL installed on the ubuntu server is
5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.8-log as this was the latest one available in the
repository.

        We will need to upgrade this to version 5.1.53.

         Am I correct in assuming the following steps?

                1. setup version 5.1.53 on the machine (different port)
                2. shutdown the current database.
                3. create backup file
                4. restore backup
                5. change port to 3306
                6. startup new database.
                7. disable the old database so that it would not start
up during reboot.

Regards
Machiel

Thread
Upgrading of mysql databaseMachiel Richards22 Nov
  • Re: Upgrading of mysql databaseJohan De Meersman22 Nov
    • Re: Upgrading of mysql databaseMachiel Richards22 Nov
Re: Upgrading of mysql databaseJohan De Meersman22 Nov