List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin \(Gmail\) Date:November 17 2010 5:17pm
Subject:Re: export db to oracle
View as plain text
Hello,

It should be possible to connect Oracle to the MySQL (or other) database
using a DBlink (using a MySQL ODBC driver)
the tables could then be copied using PLSQL.
Maybe you could link directly to Oracle and copy the code using MySQL
procedures or scripts (I have more experienc of Oracle which works quite
well as I described)

This way, you can avoid use of external files and CSV etc. It is very likely
quicker since you can use bulk loads or 'select into' routines once you have
the right table structures and field type in place.
This is a technique that I have used for ETL and data integration and it is
very manageable.
You can trap errors using cursors if the data has anomalies.

Kevin O'Neill