List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 17 2010 2:38pm
Subject:Re: export db to oracle
View as plain text
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 2:26 PM, who.cat <win.acc@stripped> wrote:

> Maybe you can dump as a csv format,then create table all tables in oracle
> .After that you can write a script program format the csv to oracle which
> can be recognized.

MySQL's select into outfile may well be good enough to manage to output
oracle-formatted inserts; and as I said standard (non-extended) insert
syntax is probably good enough for oracle anyway.

If you're going to be programming anyway, why not just write something that
connects to both DBs and inserts into Oracle using prepared statements for
speed ?

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
export db to oracleSydney Puente16 Nov
  • Re: export db to oracleMySQL)17 Nov
    • Re: export db to oracleJohan De Meersman17 Nov
  • Re: export db to oracleKevin \(Gmail\)17 Nov
    • Re: export db to oracleSydney Puente18 Nov
      • Re: export db to oracleJohan De Meersman19 Nov
  • Re: export db to oraclekengheng18 Nov
Re: export db to oracleJohan De Meersman17 Nov