List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 17 2010 8:58am
Subject:Re: export db to oracle
View as plain text
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Shawn Green (MySQL) <> wrote:

> On 11/16/2010 15:14, Sydney Puente wrote:
>> Hello,
>> How can I export a mysql 5.0.45 db to Oracle? mysql is going to stau but I
>> need
>> to pass the data to oracle, just so the data can be transfered.
>> I have carried out a mysql dump. This seems fine.create table etc. about
>> 20 MB
>> in total.
>> Any ideas? It is on Redhat if that makes a difference.
> I suggest you also look at the syntax for SELECT INTO OUTFILE, too. Dumps
> are usually scripts of SQL statements that Oracle may not read
> appropriately.

I'm not quite sure which formats Oracle reads in, although CSV is probably a
good guess.

if you disable mysqldump's extended insert syntax, however, I think the
actual insert statements should be perfectly fine for most any database. You
may need to tweak create statements for datatypes and syntax, though; it may
be easier to just recreate the emtpy tables by hand.

I think I also have vague memories of an option to use ANSI-SQL standard
syntax, although that might just as well have been some third-party tool.

And, speaking of third-party tools: tOra can (if well-compiled) be used to
manage both MySQL and Oracle; maybe that nice tool can help you.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

export db to oracleSydney Puente16 Nov
  • Re: export db to oracleMySQL)17 Nov
    • Re: export db to oracleJohan De Meersman17 Nov
  • Re: export db to oracleKevin \(Gmail\)17 Nov
    • Re: export db to oracleSydney Puente18 Nov
      • Re: export db to oracleJohan De Meersman19 Nov
  • Re: export db to oraclekengheng18 Nov
Re: export db to oracleJohan De Meersman17 Nov