List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:November 10 2010 3:29pm
Subject:Re: MySQL clustering and licensing
View as plain text
Hi!

Machiel Richards wrote:
> Good day
>
>    thank you all for the responses thus far.
>
>      Just to add onto the requirements.
>
>        The client's business is based around a website that does all
> business related tasks and are exremely utilized.
>
>         The idea is to provide failover as well as the best possible
> response times.
>

>         Any ideas on this will help us out in making the final
> decisions.
>
>         Ps.... there are only 2 machine available for the databases.

With those specifications, I am quite certain:
Check out the replication feature to achieve failover, this should be a
standard setup.

For fast response times, you will need good design and (maybe) the
tuning techniques which are discussed here so often.

Advanced strategies for performance increase might include using the
MySQL Proxy and going for a read/write splitting between the replicated
machines, but I'm not sure whether a 2-machine setup will gain much.

HTH,
Joerg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bruehe@stripped