List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 4 2010 1:25pm
Subject:Re: Death of MySQL popularity?
View as plain text
On the other hand, they've only with this release managed to implement live
log shipping, among other things :-)

Both are bound to have pros and cons.

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Carlos Mennens <carloswill@stripped> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Christoph Boget
> <christoph.boget@stripped> wrote:
> > I think
> > it might be time to start seriously looking at Postgres...
>
> Even though all the info you provided is extremely
> exaggerated...switching all my databases to PostgreSQL has been the
> best thing I've done in years. It's IMO far superior but I'm not
> trying to start a debate or flame war. It just works amazing and the
> SQL structure far exceeds what MySQL did for me.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Death of MySQL popularity?Christoph Boget4 Nov
  • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Johan De Meersman4 Nov
    • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Johan De Meersman4 Nov
    • RE: Death of MySQL popularity?Daevid Vincent8 Nov
      • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Michael Dykman8 Nov
        • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Anders Karlsson8 Nov
  • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Joerg Bruehe4 Nov
  • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Carlos Mennens4 Nov
    • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Johan De Meersman4 Nov