List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 4 2010 9:25am
Subject:Re: Death of MySQL popularity?
View as plain text
You may want to read that again, but with your glasses on :-)

"Subscription" means roughly "commercial support". The (1) subscript means
"Features only available in Commercial Editions", and is noted *only* for
Workbench SE, Enterprise Monitor, Enterprise Backup and Cluster Manager.

I will join you in wondering whether that means Workbench is gonna go
payware, though.

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Christoph Boget

> So the free version is going to include only MyISAM?  And you won't be
> able to connect using MySQL Workbench (and presumably apps like MySQL
> Query Browser)?  Otherwise you have to shell out $2k?  Wow.  I think
> it might be time to start seriously looking at Postgres...

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Death of MySQL popularity?Christoph Boget4 Nov
  • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Johan De Meersman4 Nov
    • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Johan De Meersman4 Nov
    • RE: Death of MySQL popularity?Daevid Vincent8 Nov
      • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Michael Dykman8 Nov
        • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Anders Karlsson8 Nov
  • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Joerg Bruehe4 Nov
  • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Carlos Mennens4 Nov
    • Re: Death of MySQL popularity?Johan De Meersman4 Nov