List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:October 26 2010 3:45pm
Subject:Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?
View as plain text
At 12:56 AM 10/25/2010, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We are a company for gaming.
>Our main db is mysql 5.1 installed on Linux.
>Currently the hardware for mysql is 2*4 CPU, 16G memory, Raid 10 (four disks).
>Now we have the plan to replace the disks with SSD for better performance.
>Do you think is it right for the SSD solution for mysql?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>Kenn.

Kenn,
       If you have the money, you can also try Hyperdrive 5 which is a RAM
drive device. It comes in an enclosure similar to a hard drive and looks
like a SATA drive. Each device supports up to 32GB (64GB with 8GBM DIMMS)
of ram and can be raided together to form a larger drive. It has battery
backup and impressive specs: 175MB/s read, 145MB/s write. It has no moving
parts so there is nothing to wear out. It can also be backed up to a hard
drive.

http://www.hyperossystems.co.uk/

Mike

Thread
Is SSD suitable for mysql server?wroxdb25 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Johan De Meersman25 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Daevid Vincent25 Oct
        • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill26 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Joerg Bruehe26 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?mos26 Oct