List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip Riebold Date:October 26 2010 11:31am
Subject:Re: SQL book recommendation?
View as plain text
On 26 Oct 2010, at 11:49, MikeB wrote:

> I'm finding the MySQL online manuals hard going in figuring out how to construct SQL
> queries. Can anyone perhaps recommend a good book that can shed light on the subject?
>
> Thanks.

The book I've been using is 'MySQL, The definitive guide to using, programming, and
administering MySQL 4.1 and 5.0' ISBN 0-672-32673-6 (there may be a more recent version).

Well written, with a general introduction to SQL and (from my POV) very good sections on
writing MySQL with C and PHP

--
TTFN.

   Philip Riebold, p.riebold@stripped       /"\
   Media Services                            \ /
   University College London                  X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
   Windeyer Building, 46 Cleveland Street    / \ Against HTML Mail
   London, W1T 4JF
   +44 (0)20 7679 9259 (direct), 09259 (internal)

Thread
SQL book recommendation?MikeB26 Oct
  • RE: SQL book recommendation?Jay Blanchard26 Oct
  • Re: SQL book recommendation?Philip Riebold26 Oct
    • RE: SQL book recommendation?Jerry Schwartz26 Oct
      • Re: SQL book recommendation?Arthur Fuller26 Oct
    • Re: SQL book recommendation?wroxdb28 Oct
    • Re: SQL book recommendation?Paul DuBois28 Oct
      • Re: SQL book recommendation?Philip Riebold29 Oct
  • Re: SQL book recommendation?Mike OK28 Oct