List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:October 25 2010 8:52pm
Subject:RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?
View as plain text
> I guess it depends on how important your data is too.  Quite
> a few of the SSDs on the market have been proven to not
> honour flush requests, so if the power goes out you've got
> corrupted data.

Uh. If you're not using a UPS battery backup then you deserve to loose your
data. And if you don't have it configured to auto-power off when it's low
on battery (extended outtage) then you also deserve to feel the resulting
pain. (http://www.apcupsd.com/)

Thread
Is SSD suitable for mysql server?wroxdb25 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Johan De Meersman25 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Daevid Vincent25 Oct
        • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill26 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Joerg Bruehe26 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?mos26 Oct