List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 25 2010 7:08pm
Subject:Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?
View as plain text
On 10/25/2010 4:32 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:

> There have been some reports of raid cards not behaving themselvs
> with SSDs attached.

I'd be surprised if these bugs haven't all been worked out by now.  SSDs
started to hit the mass market in force about two years ago.  Any vendor
still shipping a disk controller that eats SSDs likely is trying to EOL
that controller anyway.

> I guess it depends on how important your data is too.  Quite a few of
> the SSDs on the market have been proven to not honour flush requests,
> so if the power goes out you've got corrupted data.

I doubt that's true of "enterprise" SSDs.  Sure, if you go and fill your
server with SSDs made for laptops you may find yourself sliding down the
bleeding edge, but one wouldn't do that, would one?
Thread
Is SSD suitable for mysql server?wroxdb25 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Johan De Meersman25 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Daevid Vincent25 Oct
        • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill26 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Joerg Bruehe26 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?mos26 Oct