List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sairam Krishnamurthy Date:October 25 2010 5:15pm
Subject:Query precision issue
View as plain text
All,

I have simple query like 'select * from table1 where
column1=-107.6898780000'. This returns an empty set. But there is data
corresponding to this value of column.

When I looked more into it, it seems like a precision issue. The value
for column1 is -107.689878.

More interesting is that the following query fetches the row,

'select * from table1 where column1=-107.689878000'

Note that there are only three trailing zeros in the second query while
there were four in the first.

Can somebody help me to find out the problem? I can very well truncate
the trailing zeros when querying, but I am interested in finding why an
additional trailing zero returns an empty set.

--
Thanks,
Sairam Krishnamurthy

Thread
Query precision issueSairam Krishnamurthy25 Oct
  • Re: Query precision issueCarlos Proal25 Oct
  • Re: Query precision issueDan Nelson25 Oct
    • Re: Query precision issueSairam Krishnamurthy25 Oct
  • Re: Query precision issueJoerg Bruehe25 Oct
  • Re: Query precision issueMichael Satterwhite26 Oct