List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Thompson Date:October 25 2010 1:38pm
Subject:mySql versus Sql Server performance
View as plain text
I am running an open source project that provides an abstraction layer over a number of
different stores. I am puzzled by performance numbers I am seeing between mysql and sql
server - a brief discussion is available here

http://cipl.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Data%20Provider%20Comparison

The statistics were generated using mySql 5.1 and Sql Server 2008 on a machine with the
following specs:

OS Name             Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
System Model   HP Compaq nc8430 (RB554UT#ABA)
Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7200  @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s),
2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             4.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory     6.75 GB
Page File Space 3.37 GB
Disk 120GB SSD with 22GB available

If this isn't the right place to ask this question, can someone point me to somewhere that
is.

Thanks

Patrick
Are you using...
myList<http://www.mylist.com/> - everything you could possibly want (to buy)
Let me know if you can't find something

________________________________
The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary
to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any
unauthorized review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.

Thread
mySql versus Sql Server performancePatrick Thompson25 Oct
  • Re: mySql versus Sql Server performanceJohan De Meersman25 Oct
    • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performancePatrick Thompson25 Oct
  • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performanceGavin Towey25 Oct
    • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performancePatrick Thompson25 Oct
      • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performanceGavin Towey25 Oct
        • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performancePatrick Thompson25 Oct
          • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performanceGavin Towey26 Oct
            • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performancePatrick Thompson26 Oct
  • RE: mySql versus Sql Server performancePatrick Thompson25 Oct