List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:wroxdb Date:October 25 2010 5:56am
Subject:Is SSD suitable for mysql server?
View as plain text
Hello,

We are a company for gaming.
Our main db is mysql 5.1 installed on Linux.
Currently the hardware for mysql is 2*4 CPU, 16G memory, Raid 10 (four disks).
Now we have the plan to replace the disks with SSD for better performance.
Do you think is it right for the SSD solution for mysql?

Thanks.

Regards,
Kenn.
Thread
Is SSD suitable for mysql server?wroxdb25 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Johan De Meersman25 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Daevid Vincent25 Oct
        • RE: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Glyn Astill26 Oct
    • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Warren Young25 Oct
      • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?Joerg Bruehe26 Oct
  • Re: Is SSD suitable for mysql server?mos26 Oct