List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 22 2010 6:03am
Subject:Re: Percent of match in condition
View as plain text
Hmm. You might be able to hack this up using the if() function, but it's not
gonna be a beauty to look at, and possibly not terribly performant, either.

You may need to look at external data query tools - I think a number of
fulltext search tools provide match percentages in their results.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Ali A.F.N <aliooss@stripped> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a table with different fileds and almost the type of all them are
> smallint. I want to search on some fields with "OR" condition. I want to
> know is
> there possibility to know how many fileds matched exactly? then I can say
> how
> many percent match are available.
>
> select * from my_table where sex_id = 1 or country_id = 120 or education_id
>
> I mean if in my table there are some records with sex_id = 1 or country_id
> =
> 120  then I got 2 (2 match) then I can say 66% percent match.
>
> Thank you,
>
> ali

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Percent of match in conditionAli A.F.N22 Oct
  • Re: Percent of match in conditionJohan De Meersman22 Oct
  • Re: Percent of match in conditionMySQL)22 Oct
  • RE: Percent of match in conditionTravis Ard22 Oct