List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tyler Poland Date:October 19 2010 4:42pm
Subject:Re: uninstall/reinstall
View as plain text

You might just try resetting the root password

Hope this helps,

On 10/19/10 12:38 PM, Montgomery, Tammie wrote:
> I had an old version of mySQL on my computer but never used it. I thought I knew the
> root password but it wouldn't let me in. I went ahead and uninstalled it thinking I would
> get a newer version anyway. I used the Windows interface to uninstall the previous
> version. It appeared to be gone but when I installed the new version, it asked me what the
> previous root password was and then give new one. I left previous blank and gave it the
> new password. Now it has been sitting at the screen in the configuration wizard for Apply
> security settings for about 20 minutes. How should I recover from this?
> Barracuda 400 vers 3.5.12 Checked - Virus Free

uninstall/reinstallTammie Montgomery19 Oct
  • Re: uninstall/reinstallTyler Poland19 Oct
    • RE: uninstall/reinstallTammie Montgomery28 Oct
      • Re: uninstall/reinstallGeorge Larson29 Oct
  • Re: uninstall/reinstallTim Thorburn21 Oct
Re: uninstall/reinstallandrew.2.moore20 Oct
  • RE: uninstall/reinstallTammie Montgomery20 Oct