List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 19 2010 12:07pm
Subject:Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos data
is revealed.
View as plain text
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Carl <carl@stripped> wrote:

> Johan,
>
> You state that master - master is not reliable in dual active environments.
> I am in the process of setting up just such an environment (moderate active
> on the primary server, lighter activity on the other server.)  Do you know
> where I can get some information on the risks?

On the MySQL site, I guess :-) Your major issue is likely to be the lack of
two-phase commits (which has been added in the most recent release, iirc):
even if you properly interleave your autoincrements, the lack of a true
global lock means you still risk conflicting updates.

I can't really tell you a single spot where I got my knowledge on the
subject - I'm a long-time and multi-platform DBA, so it's a combination of
stuff I read and an understanding of how things work - or don't.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Brent Clark18 Oct
  • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.short cutter19 Oct
    • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Johan De Meersman19 Oct
  • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos data is revealed.Carl19 Oct
    • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Johan De Meersman19 Oct
      • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Walter Heck - OlinData.com20 Oct
        • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Johan De Meersman21 Oct