List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 19 2010 9:10am
Subject:Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos data
is revealed.
View as plain text
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:48 AM, short cutter <shortcutter@stripped> wrote:

> 2010/10/18 Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@stripped>:
> > Hiya
> >
> > I run MySQL Master - Master Replication. Ive had an interesting situation
> > whereby I failed over using heartbeat but whats is interesting  is that
> via
> > the application (vbulletin), I see that the forums was showing that a
> weeks
> > ago data.
> >

> Why using M-M replication?
> The book of "High performance Mysql" says it is not a reliable mechanism.

There's various reasons why - almost all my setups also use it. It's not a
reliable mechanism for dual-active setups, but as a hot standby there's
nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Read the book again :-)

I don't have a straight explanation about why the secondary master offers
data from a week ago, though. If replication is running, maybe there's
something going on with the binlogging on the primary ? Check the primary's
master status and the secondary's slave status; check what's in the
primary's binlogs and in the secondary's relay logs; if need be check the
traffic that goes over the replication interface.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Brent Clark18 Oct
  • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.short cutter19 Oct
    • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Johan De Meersman19 Oct
  • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos data is revealed.Carl19 Oct
    • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Johan De Meersman19 Oct
      • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Walter Heck - OlinData.com20 Oct
        • Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos datais revealed.Johan De Meersman21 Oct