List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Himanshu Raina Date:October 15 2010 12:12pm
Subject:Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with
a prefix
View as plain text
Hi Mario,

While installing a new instance you don't exactly need to mention
anything except for the --prefix option. While starting the new instance
you can provide all config parameters like config file, datadir etc.

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 16:47 +0530, ml ml wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> how do i install mysql COMPLETLY in a diffrent directory?
>
> Right now i am using:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql-5.1.42
> --sysconfdir=/usr/local/mysql-5.1.42/etc
>
> BUT, mysql still looks for /etc/my.cnf and for
> /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.index ...
>
> So what configure options do i need if i want to install mysql
> seperatly in a folder?
> Do i also need --datadir? If yes, where sould my data dir be? In
> /usr/local/mysql-5.1.42/var?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Mario

Himanshu Raina
--
Guillotine, n.:
	A French chopping center.

Thread
multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
  • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
    • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
  • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source witha prefixHimanshu Raina15 Oct
    • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source witha prefixHimanshu Raina15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
        • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixSuresh Kuna15 Oct