List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ml ml Date:October 15 2010 12:09pm
Subject:Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefix
View as plain text
Hi Claudio,

i would like to compile it from source.

Mario

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped> wrote:
> hi,
> do you want to compile or you can use binaries?
>
> Claudio
>
> 2010/10/15 ml ml <mliebherr99@stripped>
>>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> how do i install mysql COMPLETLY in a diffrent directory?
>>
>> Right now i am using:
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql-5.1.42
>> --sysconfdir=/usr/local/mysql-5.1.42/etc
>>
>> BUT, mysql still looks for /etc/my.cnf and for
>> /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.index ...
>>
>> So what configure options do i need if i want to install mysql
>> seperatly in a folder?
>> Do i also need --datadir? If yes, where sould my data dir be? In
>> /usr/local/mysql-5.1.42/var?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Mario
>>
>> --

> Claudio

Thread
multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
  • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
    • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
  • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source witha prefixHimanshu Raina15 Oct
    • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source witha prefixHimanshu Raina15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
        • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixSuresh Kuna15 Oct