List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ml ml Date:October 15 2010 11:17am
Subject:multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefix
View as plain text
Hello List,

how do i install mysql COMPLETLY in a diffrent directory?

Right now i am using:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql-5.1.42
--sysconfdir=/usr/local/mysql-5.1.42/etc

BUT, mysql still looks for /etc/my.cnf and for
/var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.index ...

So what configure options do i need if i want to install mysql
seperatly in a folder?
Do i also need --datadir? If yes, where sould my data dir be? In
/usr/local/mysql-5.1.42/var?

Thanks a lot,
Mario
Thread
multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
  • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
    • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
  • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source witha prefixHimanshu Raina15 Oct
    • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixml ml15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source witha prefixHimanshu Raina15 Oct
      • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixClaudio Nanni15 Oct
        • Re: multiple mysql installations - Install mysql from source with a prefixSuresh Kuna15 Oct